Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rock Climbing

I took up rock climbing over the last few years while in grad. school in North Carolina. I was drawn to the sport by the beauty of the climbers' movements. I've never been a graceful person, and I thought the blend of balance and agility was striking. I always wanted to shoot some photos of climbers, and just before I moved to Georgia, I tagged along on a bouldering trip to get some shots. These were shot on color and b/w 35 mm film. I scanned the color ones and turned them to b/w in Photoshop. I had some problems with the lighting, because it was so bright that day. None of the photos below have had contrast/brightness adjustments done -- the natural outdoor lighting was pretty intense in the spot we climbed, so I got some very dramatic shadows.

(click to enlarge -- for better views)



































































1 comment:

Jym said...

This are still incredible. I really hope this photography resurgence is a permanent outlet for you.

jym